Warm greetings from Wyoming

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
lar307

Warm greetings from Wyoming

Post by lar307 »

Hi everyone, just joined the forum after contemplating the idea for a while. Started on the Buddhist path about 25 years ago with a class by S. N. Goenka, but my practice was slow until life gave me a wake-up call through the loss of my wife. For the last nine years that passed since that event I managed to sit daily and recently my meditation seems to start unfolding and ask for ever more time every day. Questions come and go as well, but I plan to post some in this forum looking for other people’s opinions. Thanks for opening this public board!
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Warm greetings from Wyoming

Post by Sam Vara »

Hello and welcome! :hello:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

lar307 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:47 pm Hi everyone, just joined the forum after contemplating the idea for a while. Started on the Buddhist path about 25 years ago with a class by S. N. Goenka, but my practice was slow until life gave me a wake-up call through the loss of my wife. For the last nine years that passed since that event I managed to sit daily and recently my meditation seems to start unfolding and ask for ever more time every day. Questions come and go as well, but I plan to post some in this forum looking for other people’s opinions. Thanks for opening this public board!
Welcome. :smile:

Kevin
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha1:
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

Welcome to DW :smile:

Where is this country called Wyoming .. in Europe?

:namaste:
"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Whaddaya know.
Just today I posted that I might be the only Wyomingite (USA) on DW -- wrong again!
Welcome from the opposite corner of this wonderful state.
Those who grasp at perceptions & views wander the internet creating friction. [based on Sn4:9,v.847]
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
mbuddhist

Post by mbuddhist »

Hello friend, good to see more people joining this forum. I'm also new around here and looking for different perspectives on my thoughts I have on Buddhism.