Hi from New York City

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
TamHanhHi

Hi from New York City

Post by TamHanhHi »

Hi everyone. I'm excited to stop lurking and finally join the forum. I've been practicing for just over a year, and I'm looking to deepen my dedication--part of that by getting inspiration here. I came to the Dhamma through the Plum Village tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh, which I deeply resonated with (and still do in many ways). Because that tradition uses texts from both Theravada and Mahayana Buddhism, I was introduced to suttas like An Auspicious Day, the Metta Sutta, and the Satipatthana Sutta, which just blew my mind.

I get so much peace from reading the Pali Canon (and often, too, a well-needed kick in the butt). I'm definitely drawn to the down-to-earth and practical Theravada tradition, and I right now I just want to see more about what this journey entails.

:anjali:
"Just as a large banyan tree, on level ground where four roads meet, is a haven for the birds all around, even so a lay person of conviction is a haven for many people: monks, nuns, male lay followers, & female lay followers."AN 5.38
SDC

Re: Hi from New York City

Post by SDC »

Welcome! I'm from the NYC area as well!
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

Welcome very much
:clap:
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Welcome! :hello: It's good to see you here.
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha1:
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Welcome. :anjali:

Virgo
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."