Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Patrice

Hello

Post by Patrice »

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I have been meditating for a little over two years and I am working more and more at including my practice into my daily life. Its hard to find teachers and people to talk too up here in the canadian arctic so I'm hopping joining this forum will help me answer questions and to figure things out.

Im looking forward to talk with you

Regards,

Pat
bodom

Re: Hello

Post by bodom »

Welcome Pat!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel, Pat! :hello:
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:yingyang:
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Welcome, Pat. :hello:
Your reason for joining - isolation - is pretty common, actually, and DW does make a kind of substitute community. Most of us are in majority-Christian countries and some of us, like me, are in provincial centres in those countries.
You and I could be in contention for fewest Buddhists within a thousand miles of us, though, given that I live on the edge of the Outback. :smile:

Kim
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Thank you all forthe warm welcome

Kim OHara wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:44 am You and I could be in contention for fewest Buddhists within a thousand miles of us, though, given that I live on the edge of the Outback. :smile:

Kim
I know nothing of the Outback but from the pictures I just saw on Google, it looks just like the arctic up here, but with a LOT more heat
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Patrice wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:21 pm Thank you all forthe warm welcome

Kim OHara wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:44 am You and I could be in contention for fewest Buddhists within a thousand miles of us, though, given that I live on the edge of the Outback. :smile:

Kim
I know nothing of the Outback but from the pictures I just saw on Google, it looks just like the arctic up here, but with a LOT more heat
:thumbsup:
Roughly right.

Kim