Greetings all!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Shogun

Greetings all!

Post by Shogun »

Greetings all. New member here, 37 years old, male, from Columbus, OH. Ive had an interest in Zen for a number of years now and have read pretty extensively on the philosiphy but didnt really make much of a practice of it until recently.
I recently decided to take it more seriously, so I started with daily meditation practice, as well as looking into getting involved with a local Buddhist church in my area.
Thus far, I like the meditation. I find that I calmer, more focused and dont overthink things as much as I usually do. I dont know about attaining enlightenment, nirvana or solving all the mysteries of the universe but I do feel that in my limited experience, that meditation is good for my mental health. We'll see about the rest of it in time, I suppose.
retrofuturist

Re: Greetings all!

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:yingyang:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB