Greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
halden

Greetings

Post by halden »

Hello everyone,

After some encouragement from a good friend who has been practicing for some years I have finally (since last September) started taking my practice seriously. I read constantly (Currently reading In the Buddha's Words and Why Buddhism is true), listen to a variety of Dharma talk podcasts, and semi-regularly attend a local Sangha when my busy father of 3 schedule allows it.

Anyhow I hope this will prove to be a friendly and valuable place to continue to learn.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Greetings

Post by Sam Vara »

Greetings, halden! :hello:

I hope you find what you are looking for.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha2:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Halden,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

If you ever wish to discuss something you come across during your readings, by all means initiate a new topic, and you'll be sure to get an array of different perspectives in return!

:reading:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
halden

Post by halden »

Is there a particular forum in which to post questions/thoughts on readings?
retrofuturist wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:20 pm Greetings Halden,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

If you ever wish to discuss something you come across during your readings, by all means initiate a new topic, and you'll be sure to get an array of different perspectives in return!

:reading:

Metta,
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
halden wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:11 pm Is there a particular forum in which to post questions/thoughts on readings?
Not specifically. Just pick the section that looks most relevant to the subject matter of your question. :)

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
new

Post by new »

Hello. Welcome. :hello:

I have read In Buddha's Words too, as my first book about Buddhism, it's a good compilation of suttas with introductions, elaborations by Bhikkhu Bodhi.

Much success with your learning!