Introduction

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
unveiledartist

Introduction

Post by unveiledartist »

Im glad I found this forum. I took refuge in Vietnamese Zen but I practice the Kadampa tradition since thats the only temple in my area. I look forward to speaking with Dharma practitioners and studying the Dharma as well.
Last edited by unveiledartist on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Buddha said), "Monks, do not wage wordy warfare, saying: 'You don't understand this Dhamma and discipline, I understand this Dhamma and discipline'; 'How could you understand it? You have fallen into wrong practices: I have the right practice."~AN 4.183. Dont speak ill of other people and traditions with whom teach The Dharma. Right speech is respect in agreements and disagreements alike.

:anjali:
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Introductionx

Post by Sam Vara »

Welcome! :hello: I hope you like it here on DW.
unveiledartist

Post by unveiledartist »

Thank you. Exploring the features. I like the set up and all the options, topics, etc. The icons are cute.
(Buddha said), "Monks, do not wage wordy warfare, saying: 'You don't understand this Dhamma and discipline, I understand this Dhamma and discipline'; 'How could you understand it? You have fallen into wrong practices: I have the right practice."~AN 4.183. Dont speak ill of other people and traditions with whom teach The Dharma. Right speech is respect in agreements and disagreements alike.

Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Welcome, unveiledartist!

You might be interested in visiting Dhamma Wheel's sister forum that is dedicated to Mahayana: dharmawheel.net

SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
unveiledartist

Re: Introduction

Post by unveiledartist »

Nicolas wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:24 pm Welcome, unveiledartist!

You might be interested in visiting Dhamma Wheel's sister forum that is dedicated to Mahayana: dharmawheel.net

Nice. Thank you. I've been going back and forth. We have a Theravada monastery I want to go to the retreat at about two hours from me sometime next year. The other temple is Theravada. The one I took refuge, everyone only speaks Vietnamese. I was lucky to have a translator. So, I'm in between. I know more Theravada though, weirdly enough. Most likely I stay on here, but that's cool you got two forums.

bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:yingyang: