hi i am Eric

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
SunWuKong

hi i am Eric

Post by SunWuKong »

or SunWuKong. I have 18 yr history of samatha style sitting, and 9 yr vipassana. But really vipasanna has been life-long informally since i am trained as an artist. Actually swimming is a bit like samatha and i was taught that when i was 6-7 years old. :alien:
bodom

Re: hi i am Eric

Post by bodom »

Welcome Eric.

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha1:
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Hi Eric :hello:
SunWuKong

Post by SunWuKong »

DNS wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:43 pm Welcome to DW!

Hi back! You remember me from Dharmawheel? My path has taken me to some interesting places, in the Buddhist realms: MBSR (Jon Kabat Zinn, then Community of Mindful Living (Thich Nhat Hanh), the Introduction to Zazen (Fukushima Keido Roshi). After about 10 years i was somewhat disappointed in my practice so i started a complete tear-down and rebuild. I read a lot from Thanisarro Bhikku, and Bhikku Bodhi, and based my sitting more after the Standard Operating Proceedures (suttas) Ananapannasati Sutta, and Satipatanna Sutta. This gave me a much deeper practice, but it somwhat uprooted me as per being a part of one Buddhist community per se. Also I began a survey of Buddhist Art (Smithsonian) and History (Donald Lopez) I'm approaching the 20 year mark, and maybe some of my experience is useful to others, so I'm willing to share that, if possible. :buddha1:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Eric,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”