Hello! I am back

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Dharmasherab

Hello! I am back

Post by Dharmasherab »

Dear Buddhists,

My screenname is Dharmasherab. I was born Theravada Buddhist but recently I entered Vajrayana Buddhism. However I still maintain my Theravada practice and continue to learn Theravada like I have always done.

I hope to read important threads in Dhamma Wheel forum and get directions from there. In addition to my continued learning in Theravada I am particularly interested in the Bodhisattva path within Theravada Buddhism and will be happy if people can direct me towards such threads/posts.

With Metta,
Dharmasherab
“When one does not understand death, life can be very confusing.” - Ajahn Chah
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello! I am back

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!
Dharmasherab wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 pm I am particularly interested in the Bodhisattva path within Theravada Buddhism and will be happy if people can direct me towards such threads/posts.
The Bodhisatta path of Theravada Buddhism to become a future samma-sam-buddha? That's quite an ambitious endeavor!
paul

Post by paul »

Welcome to DW. The path in Theravada is that of the arahant. More about it here:
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/aut ... ttvas.html
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Dharmasherab wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 pm Dear Buddhists,

My screenname is Dharmasherab. I was born Theravada Buddhist but recently I entered Vajrayana Buddhism. However I still maintain my Theravada practice and continue to learn Theravada like I have always done.

I hope to read important threads in Dhamma Wheel forum and get directions from there. In addition to my continued learning in Theravada I am particularly interested in the Bodhisattva path within Theravada Buddhism and will be happy if people can direct me towards such threads/posts.

With Metta,
Dharmasherab

Hello Dharmasherab :hello:

I used to practice Vajrayana before changing to Theravada.

The late Ajahn Chah said :

‘Don’t be an arahant, don’t be a bodhisattva, don’t be anything at all – if you are anything at all you will suffer’

You might like this article by Ajahn Amaro: "The View from the Centre"...

https://www.amaravati.org/the-view-from-the-centre/

With metta,

Aloka
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Thank you. Its been a while since I am back. I am making myself familiar with the format of the forum.
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome back!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Just a brief update. I am now a Samanera in a Theravada monastery.

In this monastery there may be other members of the Sangha who may also be users of DhammaWheel. Since we all share the same internet, the DhammaWheel admins may see this as different usernames logging in under the same IP address. I want to say the reason behind this is because we are all living in this monastery.

The same goes for my accounts in DharmaWheel, DharmaPaths and DharmaWheel Engaged.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Dharmasherab wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:55 am Just a brief update. I am now a Samanera in a Theravada monastery.

In this monastery there may be other members of the Sangha who may also be users of DhammaWheel. Since we all share the same internet, the DhammaWheel admins may see this as different usernames logging in under the same IP address. I want to say the reason behind this is because we are all living in this monastery.

The same goes for my accounts in DharmaWheel, DharmaPaths and DharmaWheel Engaged.
Hello Bhante.
Welcome back.
It is glad to see that we have a group of monks available for us to discuss Dhamma.
I hope we do not have much disagreement because Theravada is based on attaining Arahatship in this life itself.
I do not think that any of us hear practice the Bodhisatva path.
Are you a member of the Dharma Wheel which is a Mahayana discussion forum?
:anjali:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Dharmasherab wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:55 am Just a brief update. I am now a Samanera in a Theravada monastery.
Congratulations on the decision and endeavor. Which monastery?
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

DNS wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:34 pm Congratulations on the decision and endeavor. Which monastery?
Dear admin, I sent you a private message. Thank you :anjali: