Lurker, now creating account

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
sgns

Lurker, now creating account

Post by sgns »

I've lurked a bit the last few months, and occasionally over the years. I find myself wondering about various dhamma topics, and Google searches inevitably lead me to Dhamma Wheel. I'm really impressed by the knowledge of folks here, and thought it would be fun to join the conversation.

I have a background in "the arts" -- weirdo music and more recently working for a nonprofit that does arts based gun violence prevention. I live in Oregon but spend a good deal of time on the road, including time in Northern California.

I've practiced for many years in the larger "insight meditation" world, practicing under lay and monastic teachers. My engagement with the dhamma and with dhamma communities goes through ebbs and flows, but I'm quite excited these days. At the moment, I'm particularly interested in learning more about Theravada beyond the more popular US centers and teachers, as well as understanding the historical developments of practice, teachings, and techniques, here and abroad.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Lurker, now creating account

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha2:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to the Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”