Hi there

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Damian907

Hi there

Post by Damian907 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi there,
I am 26 years old buddhist from Poland. I am interested in Buddha`s techings since 2007/2008, but I choose Theravada as my way a few weeks ago. I must say, I don`t like mantras, that are common in Vayrajana oraz Zen, and that is my main reason. I also think Theravada is propably closests to original teachings of Buddha.

Sorry for my english :lol:

bodom

Re: Hi there

Post by bodom » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Welcome and no worries your english is fine!

:anjali:
To study is to know the texts,
To practice is to know your defilements,
To attain the goal is to know and let go.

- Ajahn Lee Dhammadharo

With mindfulness immersed in the body
well established, restrained
with regard to the six media of contact,
always centered, the monk
can know Unbinding for himself.

- Ud 3.5

"Dont send the mind outside. Watch the mind right at the mind."

- Ajahn Dune Atulo

BasementBuddhist

Post by BasementBuddhist » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:30 pm

Damian907 wrote:Hi there,
I am 26 years old buddhist from Poland. I am interested in Buddha`s techings since 2007/2008, but I choose Theravada as my way a few weeks ago. I must say, I don`t like mantras, that are common in Vayrajana oraz Zen, and that is my main reason. I also think Theravada is propably closests to original teachings of Buddha.

Sorry for my english :lol:
You speak (type) it beautifully.

I was drawn here for the exact same reason. There seemed like a lot of things added on that people were getting upset over and I wanted the real truth of the Buddha. Theravada can provide this. You'll find that there are things we get upset over too, but it is much less and can usually be solved pretty easily by consulting the pali canon.

Welcome to Dhammawheel. I hope you find it beautiful and helpful. :toast:

R1111

Post by R1111 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Theravada does not guarantee Right View either so don't just go by Theravada. Many "Theravadins" are undoubtedly quite far from Right View actually. I say this not because I am right and everybody else is wrong but because there are obvious differences in beliefs among Theravadins which are mutually exclusive so they can not all be right, because of this we know for sure that a big part of contemporary Theravada essentially more or less holds and teaches wrong view.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 pm

Welcome to DW!

:buddha2:

Dhammiko81

Post by Dhammiko81 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:12 am

Hello, my electronics are super janky and have minds of their own. It's a blessing I have an internet connection as well as the ability to type simultaneous to that. I was once diagnosed with incredible eccentricity so I hope that's not a problem. Am I Dhamma Wheeling correctly thus far? We're all new here, right? I'm new, you're new. I guess, it just comes down to my ability to navigate the interwebs and respond peaceably with others...... we're in the right place, right?

indianromeo

Post by indianromeo » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Yes. How goes your practice Dhammiko81? Just getting familiar witht the site? I am studying the Satipatthana Sutta, finding it a good challenge.

DC2R

Post by DC2R » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Greetings Damian!
I hope you find much insight here. :anjali:
May the blessings of the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Sangha always be firmly established in your hearts.

http://txti.es/theravada