Hello eh!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Kristopher

Hello eh!

Post by Kristopher »

Hello everyone,

I'm living in Montreal Canada. Hello eh! Bonjour! :tongue: Only recently did I discover Buddhism during some pretty big life changes. I'm still getting my toes wet and keeping things pretty basic at the moment. Reading a lot of introduction books, doing some single-point breathing meditation and as well as some compassion related meditations. Trying to make sense of the life of Buddha, The Four Noble Truths, The Noble Eightfold Path and The Three Jewels. It can be a little overwhelming at times but oddly enough its very exciting and just speaks so much to me. Last week I went to my first meditation centre and really just had a sense of "coming home".

Over the past weeks, I've come to this forum a few times looking for answers and other perspectives. It's been super useful and so thanks for being here.
If anyone has any newbie advice or material suggestion, I would very much appreciate this. Thanks again.

:namaste:
"You are your own master. Future, everything depends on your own shoulder. Buddha's responsibility is just to show you the path, that's all." - H.H The Dalai Lama
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello eh!

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!
Theravadin Resource Guide:
https://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3012

:anjali:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
BasementBuddhist

Post by BasementBuddhist »

Welcome to DW and good luck getting started. It sounds like you are well on your way. It is a wonderful time. :clap:
DC2R

Post by DC2R »

Welcome! :hello: