Back To DW

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
No_Mind

Back To DW

Post by No_Mind »

After two weeks of self imposed exile I am back.

You are some of the nicest, kindest, and most non-judgemental people I have ever known. A sangha of really good people I could not stay away from. In short I missed you guys too much :hug:

Please consider this my second innings in Theravada Buddhism (though I have decided to read a little bit about Mahayana, about which I know next to nothing, for next few months and broaden my understanding of Buddhism) .. [I meant a cricket innings which can take up to two days and sixteen hours of play not baseball innings ..]

I will not get into arguments about anattā again. That one is unfathomable till one progresses in ones practice. I remain agnostic at this moment to belief in soul/no-soul, rebirth/single birth and workings of Kamma. My major task going forward will be cultivation of sīla over the next decade.

Does not mean I will not take part in little bit of intellectual scrimmage or take a pot shot now and then .. but just for a post or three .. no more arguing for three days across dozen pages.

:namaste:
Last edited by No_Mind on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus
SDC

Re: Back To DW

Post by SDC »

Welcome back!

Although we may have disagreed a few times I would have considered it a great loss to the forum if you did not return.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome back!

binocular

Post by binocular »

No_Mind wrote:After two weeks of self imposed exile I am back. /.../
Does not mean I will not take part in little bit of intellectual scrimmage or take a pot shot now and then .. but just for a post or three .. no more arguing for three days across dozen pages.
May the Groundhog Day come to an end!
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome back. I hope you enjoyed your time away.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
cooran

Post by cooran »

Glad you are here!
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
_anicca_

Post by _anicca_ »

Welcome back :hug:

:anjali:
"A virtuous monk, Kotthita my friend, should attend in an appropriate way to the five clinging-aggregates as inconstant, stressful, a disease, a cancer, an arrow, painful, an affliction, alien, a dissolution, an emptiness, not-self."

:buddha1:

http://vipassanameditation.asia
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

Thank you all

"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus