Back To DW

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
No_Mind

Back To DW

Post by No_Mind » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:06 pm

After two weeks of self imposed exile I am back.

You are some of the nicest, kindest, and most non-judgemental people I have ever known. A sangha of really good people I could not stay away from. In short I missed you guys too much :hug:

Please consider this my second innings in Theravada Buddhism (though I have decided to read a little bit about Mahayana, about which I know next to nothing, for next few months and broaden my understanding of Buddhism) .. [I meant a cricket innings which can take up to two days and sixteen hours of play not baseball innings ..]

I will not get into arguments about anattā again. That one is unfathomable till one progresses in ones practice. I remain agnostic at this moment to belief in soul/no-soul, rebirth/single birth and workings of Kamma. My major task going forward will be cultivation of sīla over the next decade.

Does not mean I will not take part in little bit of intellectual scrimmage or take a pot shot now and then .. but just for a post or three .. no more arguing for three days across dozen pages.

:namaste:
Last edited by No_Mind on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know one thing: that I know nothing

SDC

Re: Back To DW

Post by SDC » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Welcome back!

Although we may have disagreed a few times I would have considered it a great loss to the forum if you did not return.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Welcome back!

binocular

Post by binocular » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:14 pm

No_Mind wrote:After two weeks of self imposed exile I am back. /.../
Does not mean I will not take part in little bit of intellectual scrimmage or take a pot shot now and then .. but just for a post or three .. no more arguing for three days across dozen pages.
May the Groundhog Day come to an end!

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Greetings,

Welcome back. I hope you enjoyed your time away.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

cooran

Post by cooran » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Glad you are here!
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---

_anicca_

Post by _anicca_ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Welcome back :hug:

:anjali:
"A virtuous monk, Kotthita my friend, should attend in an appropriate way to the five clinging-aggregates as inconstant, stressful, a disease, a cancer, an arrow, painful, an affliction, alien, a dissolution, an emptiness, not-self."

:buddha1:

http://vipassanameditation.asia

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Thank you all

I know one thing: that I know nothing