Page 1 of 2

greetings to everyone

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:20 pm
by Khemadhammo Bhikkhu
Greetings to everyone!

My name is Phra Sander Khemadhammo. I have been ordained as a Buddhist monk since 2005, in Thailand. I look forward to discuss some Dhamma on this group.

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:23 pm
by DNS
:hello:

Hi Venerable!

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

We have several other ordained members here too. How fortunate we are!

Where are you from originally?

:anjali:

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:07 pm
by Sanghamitta
Sadhu ! Bhante..

:anjali:

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:34 pm
by Khemadhammo Bhikkhu
TheDhamma wrote::hello:

Hi Venerable!

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

We have several other ordained members here too. How fortunate we are!

Where are you from originally?

:anjali:
Hello! I am from the Netherlands originally, born and raised in Amsterdam. Congratulations on this great discussion group you've got here! :smile: :smile:

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:34 pm
by BlackBird
Welcome Bhante.

:anjali:
Jack

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:05 pm
by mikenz66
Welcome! :anjali:

Mike

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:11 pm
by appicchato
Welcome Khemadhammo Bhikkhu... :anjali:

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:47 pm
by retrofuturist
Greetings bhante,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

:anjali:

Metta,
Retro. :)

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 pm
by Rui Sousa
Greetings bhante.

:anjali:

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:00 am
by DNS
Khemadhammo Bhikkhu wrote: Hello! I am from the Netherlands originally, born and raised in Amsterdam. Congratulations on this great discussion group you've got here! :smile: :smile:
Thanks!

I have been to Amsterdam twice, when I was a child and another when I was a teenager when my birth family and I lived in Deutschland.

A few years ago I read the interesting life story about the Dutch member of parliament, Ayan Hirsi Ali in her book, Infidel.

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:39 am
by zavk
Hello and welcome!

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:45 am
by Cittasanto
Hi Bhante!
Welcome to dhamma Wheel! :anjali:

maybe you have some thoughts on the training which you could share here http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if you would be so kind, it isn't a specifically training orientated thread but certainly wouldn't be outside of the intention of the thread.

but on a side note I need to learn another language all these perfect non-native english speakers and writers are giving me an inferiority complex (or should I focus on my English ability first??? :juggling: :tongue: )

hope to speak to you on occassion

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:28 am
by Ben
Welcome Bhante to Dhamma Wheel!
metta

Ben

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:03 am
by retrofuturist
Greetings Manapa,
Manapa wrote:but on a side note I need to learn another language ...
Pali :thumbsup:

Metta,
Retro. :)

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:30 am
by DNS
retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Manapa,
Manapa wrote:but on a side note I need to learn another language ...
Pali :thumbsup:
Aham saṃsandati

(I agree)

Okay, I admit I had to use the dictionary for that one, but one day I'm hoping my Pali will be good enough not to check the dictionary very often. :tongue:

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:02 am
by Tex
Welcome, Bhante.

:anjali:

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:46 am
by christopher:::
Greetings, Bhante. Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:namaste:

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:46 am
by Cittasanto
TheDhamma wrote:
retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Manapa,
Manapa wrote:but on a side note I need to learn another language ...
Pali :thumbsup:
Aham saṃsandati

(I agree)

Okay, I admit I had to use the dictionary for that one, but one day I'm hoping my Pali will be good enough not to check the dictionary very often. :tongue:
ok I don't have a dictionary!

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 pm
by Khemadhammo Bhikkhu
TheDhamma wrote:
Khemadhammo Bhikkhu wrote: Hello! I am from the Netherlands originally, born and raised in Amsterdam. Congratulations on this great discussion group you've got here! :smile: :smile:
Thanks!

I have been to Amsterdam twice, when I was a child and another when I was a teenager when my birth family and I lived in Deutschland.

A few years ago I read the interesting life story about the Dutch member of parliament, Ayan Hirsi Ali in her book, Infidel.
I see. So you are German originally?

Re: greetings to everyone

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:22 pm
by DNS
Khemadhammo Bhikkhu wrote: I see. So you are German originally?
Hi Bhante,

Not really or sort of (was offered citizenship due to being born there); my parents were stationed there with the U.S. military twice; the first time when I was 0 to 5 and the second time when I was 10 to 15 years old.