Hi

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
charon

Hi

Post by charon »

Hello,
I thought I’d better introduce myself as I’ve been lurking for a while now :thinking:

I live in Plymouth, Devon and have had an on-off relationship with Buddhism for a few years now (much more off than on to be honest). My reasons for this range from the meditative to the existential, but each time I abandoned my practise, I seemed to have retained a subtle but increasing amount of what I had learnt – and incorporated it into my everyday life. I’ve recently found myself in the position where I feel it would be complete insanity to give up again, and have resolved to build a sustainable and deepening approach to learning the Buddha’s teachings.

Unfortunately, there are no Theravada groups near me, so I’m hoping involving myself online will help stave off some of the problems a solo practise throws up.

Many thanks

Charon
Ben

Re: Hi

Post by Ben »

Hi Charon and welcome to Dhamma Wheel.
I hope Dhamma Wheel can offer you some companionship and inspiration.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Hi Charon. DW can be a great resource on the path. Let us know if we can be of any help. Mettaya.

KB
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
charon

Post by charon »

Many thanks for the warm welcome :)
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Charon!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2: