Search found 227 matches
- Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:21 am
- Forum: Vipassanā / Satipaṭṭhāna Bhāvana
- Topic: Satipatthana: Internal and external contemplation
- Replies: 79
- Views: 19552
Internal could be equated with ones own personal experience, and external by inference and observation. The understanding gained from contemplating the rise and fall of material aggregate externally could be applied to yourself internally. This method is taught by the Buddha to Rahula. http://www.ac...
- Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:32 pm
- Forum: Connections to Other Paths
- Topic: A quote from Ajahn Brahm
- Replies: 65
- Views: 8592
You have to ask "Does any of this matter?" The Buddha stated that he left more things unsaid than what he taught. Why? - because it did not lead to the ending of suffering I think Ajahn Brahm might have strayed a little from this premise.