Search found 3 matches
Search found 3 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:37 pm
- Forum: Connections to Other Paths
- Topic: Is Buddhism unsuited towards the average westerner?
- Replies: 19
- Views: 1714
I think Buddhism is really great for what westerners (any many other folks worldwide) are suffering from-- greed, lack of compassion and respect towards life. Maybe now, more than ever we need spiritual practice.
- Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:05 pm
- Forum: General Theravāda Meditation
- Topic: Mindfulness in daily life: 'Best practices'
- Replies: 19
- Views: 4280
Mindfulness is one of the side effects of meditation. During meditation, we are training our minds to be one pointed like a spear. As practice continues, the hope is that your mind will function like this throughout the day. I like the analogy of mindfulness being like walking with a bowl of hot sou...
- Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:43 pm
- Forum: Discovering Theravāda
- Topic: Correct speech and judging others: Needing some advice
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1202
I also have problems with making judgements and not using correct speech. I believe the fact that you are recognizing the issues is a first big step. The next step is to work on how to fix it. You are now cognizant of what needs improved and your habits were built over many years, they are not going...