Search found 3 matches
Search found 3 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:53 am
- Forum: General Theravāda discussion
- Topic: Mindfulness is the direct path?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 2120
Without the 2 truths all effort will be confined to a relative conceptual view and this is what we must get past. It is very tricky because we have so much mental affliction and habitual pattern to cut off. To be mindful we start with observing our own thoughts. When thoughts arise regarding convent...
- Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:05 am
- Forum: Vipassanā / Satipaṭṭhāna Bhāvana
- Topic: Transition from shamatha to vipassana
- Replies: 15
- Views: 1834
Without Vipassana I do not think you can accomplish true Shamatha. Because if you do not have Vipassana, which is required to gain the wisdom realizing renunciation of samsara, bodhicitta, shunyata, and the ability to work with the subtle mind then who is meditating in Shamatha? Which mind is medita...