Search found 21 matches
- Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:21 pm
- Forum: Sīla
- Topic: is the 5th precept seen as "optional" by some?
- Replies: 56
- Views: 8916
Sadhu.Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Human beings are already intoxicated without taking one drop of alcohol. They are intoxicated and heedless, thinking when they are young that they will not get old, when they are healthy that they will not get sick, and when alive that they will definitely die and can do so at any moment.
- Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:09 pm
- Forum: General Theravāda Meditation
- Topic: Sayadaw U Tejaniya's retreat at IMS: audio interviews
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1103
I can't thank you enough for this! Wonderful link.Alex123 wrote:I really like him. He is very good teacher.
http://sayadawutejaniya.org/teachings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:34 pm
- Forum: Sīla
- Topic: Vegetable gardening and the 1st precept
- Replies: 24
- Views: 3742
It depends on the pests you're dealing with. I find that a diluted mist of Murphys Oil Soap works well to deter pest. Cut worms can be negated by just placing tin can collars at the base of each plant. Sprinkling a bit of diatomaceous earth onto the beds works well too. Pots of marigolds strewn thro...
- Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:05 pm
- Forum: Vipassanā / Satipaṭṭhāna Bhāvana
- Topic: Mahasi Sayadaw biography (rare videos & footages)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 769
This was an excellent post. Thank you!
- Fri May 25, 2012 2:59 pm
- Forum: Lounge
- Topic: A trip down memory lane - E-Sangha database remnants
- Replies: 20
- Views: 1906
The past is past. The present is a present. I'm finding this forum far less contentious and more informative than I ever did E-Sangha. (of course, I was just dipping my toes in the dharma then).
- Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:52 pm
- Forum: Wellness, Diet & Fitness
- Topic: I'm so depressed
- Replies: 27
- Views: 4117
The depression will dissipate on its own, as long as you don't dwell on it. Its existence relies on being fed by attention. I was severely depressed for 4+ years recently. It slowly faded after a month or so, when I decided I was too tired to have it around anymore. I focused on other things and for...
- Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 pm
- Forum: Connections to Other Paths
- Topic: unethical job for greater good?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 1176
As far as I'm concerned, selling the jewelry ... no matter how high the price ... is just business. If they weren't willing to pay it, the prices would come down or you'd go out of business. Because a piece might sell for a tremendous amount of money, that is then what its worth. Don't worry about t...
- Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:58 pm
- Forum: General Theravāda discussion
- Topic: Overcoming time (kappātīta)
- Replies: 28
- Views: 1757
I take it to mean "letting go of the past" and "not worrying about the future". I'm assuming it frees the mind to live in the present more fully.