Zen Forum International: Coming soon!

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
christopher:::

Re: Zen Forum International: Coming soon!

Post by christopher::: »

bodom_bad_boy wrote:
Jechbi wrote:Is it soup yet?
It sure is and it looks great!

http://www.zenforuminternational.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:namaste:
I love the way the board welcomes you when you come over....

Welcome Anonymous !

:smile:
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
chapulincolorado

Post by chapulincolorado »

:coffee: Excellent work. :namaste:
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

christopher::: wrote:Just as this issue is coming up here, one of the difficulties we are going to have to work with at our new forum is that there will be ZFI members who have strong negative feelings about E-sangha. There will be moderators as well.

We are going to start with similar terms of service as Dhamma Wheel, but this topic will come up. How to allow conversation and discussion and criticism without stepping over boundaries into wrong speech, animosity and attachment to views?

I don't have an answer to that. We'll have to figure this out as we go along. For myself, personally, I am doing all I can to cultivate positive thoughts and feelings about E-sangha, the place where I met most of my closest online friends.

Sometimes people just need to vent. But if you take the time to reflect on "negative" life experiences there is usually a bit of dharma understanding that can be taken away from every situation. If something happened in your life, there is often a reason, imo.

Something to be learned there.

:group:

Considering the harm others do to you
As created by your former deeds, do not anger.
Act such that further suffering will not be created
And your own faults will disappear.

-Nagarjuna, "Precious Garland"
Dear Chris,

yes, there are and will be challenges, and once solved, may have to get renegotiated at times.
Just as this issue is coming up here, one of the difficulties we are going to have to work with at our new forum is that there will be ZFI members who have strong negative feelings about E-sangha. There will be moderators as well.
Surely there is also a lesson to be learned....
I'm no exception...!

3-6

'He insulted me,
hit me,
beat me,
robbed me'
— for those who brood on this,
hostility isn't stilled.

'He insulted me,
hit me,
beat me,
robbed me' —
for those who don't brood on this,
hostility is stilled.
How to allow conversation and discussion and criticism without stepping over boundaries into wrong speech, animosity and attachment to views?
I think also critisism can be communicated in this way:

"Monks, a statement endowed with five factors is well-spoken, not ill-spoken. It is blameless & unfaulted by knowledgeable people. Which five?

"It is spoken at the right time. It is spoken in truth. It is spoken affectionately. It is spoken beneficially. It is spoken with a mind of good-will."

This is not easy. Actually, I'm thrilled to scan my posts or speech with this...and so sometimes I say nothing at all, and struggle with my desire to move my mouth.
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

Hi Anna :smile:

Indeed, when we take the time to investigate the Buddha's advice comes thru pretty loud and clear about what constitutes right speech. Interestingly, I too have found that it really reduces all vocal critical comments considerably. Much of the time I realize that nothing I had wanted to say really needs to be said.

Quite liberating, if practiced with diligence.
Less mental gunk for us to share with others,
and to carry.

:group:
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009