The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Dear Dhamma Wheel members,

This is an important notice directed to current members with avatars. Those who have avatars--profile images--with a width over 202 pixels are risking their Private Messages (PMs) hiding the text of the message. The avatar image overlaps over the text of the message in those wider than around 202 pixels.

All new registrations have avatars restricted to 170px width.

All current members who have an avatar over 170px should reduce theirs now. I can't do it from here, from my control panel, so you need to do it yourselves. To shrink it down to 170 pixels, do the following.

* Go to your user control panel http://dhammawheel.com/ucp.php.
* Click the Profile tab.
* Click 'Edit avatar' on the lefthand links bar.
* Go in Paint and shrink your image down from your hard drive. (CTRL + W will bring up a menu to shrink the proportions down.) This is a hard step. You may PM me (TheDhamma) if you need help with this step.
* Reupload the image.
* Hit submit...

And you're done.
appicchato

Re: Avatar information

Post by appicchato »

Thanks David...I was wondering what was happening...although reducing it to 202 pixels wasn't enough, I had to go to 170 to be close to the line...I think this will apply to everyone...you may want to edit the maximum number...

Take care...and a Happy New Year to you and your family...I'm sure Vegas is jumping...(I used to be a croupier at the Stardust in the early '70's... :o

Appicchato Bhikkhu
Fede

Re: Avatar information

Post by Fede »

A croupier....?? Get outta here! :lol:

My avatar is here to stay! ((hugs)) all!
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nicholas Weeks

Re: No Paint

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

David, I have no "Paint" option appearing, so am stuck. :?

Bhante Appicchato, it must be our varied pixel settings, because you see your avatar as "close to the line", I see it with enough space to put another the same size next to it.
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.