Chat room

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
DNS
Site Admin

Chat room

Post by DNS »

The Dhamma Wheel now has a chat room.

Go to the bottom of any page on the forum, and click on the link that says "Chat room." At the moment, the link is right underneath All Rights Reserved. Your username is the same as your Dhamma Wheel username and password.
:toast:
Ngawang Drolma.

Re: Chat room

Post by Ngawang Drolma. »

That's great, thanks!
Tex

Post by Tex »

Excellent!!
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
rosuto

Post by rosuto »

Finding a way to make an irc chat instead might be better. It allows people to join form an irc client if they wish rather than having to use a browser based on. I know mibbit has easy ways to incorporate their client into a site. Just a suggestion.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

rosuto wrote:Finding a way to make an irc chat instead might be better
I rather like that idea, that way I could use chat on my phone too (the one feature of dhammawheel I can't yet use on my phone, and I very rarely use my PC for the internet. Strange but true)
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

That is just showing off!
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Manapa wrote:That is just showing off!
<laughs> It's just easier than walking all the way to the study and pressing the button to turn the PC on, plus that way I can use DhammaWheel on the bus
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

I am jelous of your skills, but be warie of the dark side of the mobile phone technology, soon you will be gaming, and all sorts on it!

Huray for snake, tetris, and what ever other games I have :tongue:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Manapa wrote:be warie of the dark side of the mobile phone technology, soon you will be gaming, and all sorts on it!
Naaaa, my eyesight isn't good enough to play games on such a small screen, I'll stick with the xbox 360 :D
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

There's a few people in the chat room right now if anyone wants to join us :)

Sunday, 11/08 at 9:30 Pacific Standard Time
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada