Buddha statues

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
bodom

Buddha statues

Post by bodom »

I am looking for a website or online store that sells Buddha statues. Wood, copper, bronze whatever it may be. I am looking for a center piece for my shrine. Thanks!

:namaste:
Last edited by bodom on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
genkaku

Re: Buddha statues

Post by genkaku »

Dear BBB -- Not trying to dissuade the effort, but I think it would be better to meet your statue face to face, if possible.
bodom

Post by bodom »

genkaku wrote:Dear BBB -- Not trying to dissuade the effort, but I think it would be better to meet your statue face to face, if possible.
Agreed. It would still be nice to have one though.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

I was looking at this exact same one at a store here in town. What do yall think? Does anyone know what the bowl he is holding signifies? Also, i just noticed this site says it is a Foundation for the preservation of the Mahayana. Is this statue Mahayana then? How would you know the difference between a Mahayana buddha statue and a Theravada? Is there really any difference? Thanks.

http://www.fpmt.org/shop/sacredproduct1 ... ory_ID=235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- BB
genkaku

Post by genkaku »

bodom_bad_boy wrote:I was looking at this exact same one at a store here in town. What do yall think? Does anyone know what the bowl he is holding signifies? Also, i just noticed this site says it is a Foundation for the preservation of the Mahayana. Is this statue Mahayana then? How would you know the difference between a Mahayana buddha statue and a Theravada? Is there really any difference? Thanks.

http://www.fpmt.org/shop/sacredproduct1 ... ory_ID=235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you like it? Sorry I can't answer the questions, but if you like it, if it draws your attention, then I think that's enough.
bodom

Post by bodom »

genkaku wrote:Do you like it? Sorry I can't answer the questions, but if you like it, if it draws your attention, then I think that's enough.
I do like it yes. Thanks Genkaku.

- BB