HI Everyone !

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
sandun Wanniarachchi

HI Everyone !

Postby sandun Wanniarachchi » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:00 am

HEY !

i am sandun and i am from srilanka. i am 15 years old . i am a bit busy with school work these days since i have to face the ordinary level exam next year.not much to say about my personal life because my life history is very short.

though i am a buddhist by birth i started following it very recently. i have a very recent history in meditation which is approximately 8 months. over the last few months i discovered many of meditation methods but i was'nt able to adapt them fully. but after reading "satipatthana direct path to realization by venerable Analayo and heart of buddhist meditation by ven. nyanaponika thera i came to the conclusion that sutta reference was the best and possible method to reach the buddha. i am a member of sutta central and i found some familiar names of my friends who are members of SC. i am interested in studying early buddhist texts in pali,chinese,sanskrit and tibetan. but, i always make sure that i give priority to daily mindfulness and tranquility meditation which helps me to figure things out. :)
“Venerable sir, it is said, ‘the world, the world.’ In what way, venerable sir, might there be the world or the description of the world?”

“Where there is the eye, Samiddhi, where there are forms, eye-consciousness, things to be cognized by eye-consciousness, there the world exists or the description of the world.

“Where there is the ear …..

“Where there is no eye, Samiddhi, no forms, no eye-consciousness, no things to be cognized by eye-consciousness, there the world does not exist nor any description of the world.

" Where there is no ear,.....

S.N. 35.66

paul

Re: HI Everyone !

Postby paul » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:07 am

Welcome to DW sandun and your conclusion that studying the suttas directly rather than receiving Dhamma that is encumbered by traditional baggage is correct.

SarathW

Postby SarathW » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:26 am

:hello: again.
:D
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:15 pm

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

“One to whom it might occur, ‘I’m a woman’ or ‘I’m a man’. Or ‘I’m anything at all’— Is fit for Mara to address.” (SN 5.2)

bodom

Postby bodom » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Welcome!

:namaste:
To study is to know the texts,
To practice is to know your defilements,
To attain the goal is to know and let go.

- Ajahn Lee Dhammadharo

DC2R

Postby DC2R » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel, Sandun!
May the blessings of the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Sangha always be firmly established in your hearts.

http://txti.es/theravada

StaceyH

Postby StaceyH » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:59 pm

Hello!
I'm slow, but I get great mileage.

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:19 am

Welcome to DW!

:buddha2:

sandun Wanniarachchi

Postby sandun Wanniarachchi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:33 pm

btw, i have to thank my Sutta central friend sarathW for introducing me to DW,once again . :anjali:
“Venerable sir, it is said, ‘the world, the world.’ In what way, venerable sir, might there be the world or the description of the world?”

“Where there is the eye, Samiddhi, where there are forms, eye-consciousness, things to be cognized by eye-consciousness, there the world exists or the description of the world.

“Where there is the ear …..

“Where there is no eye, Samiddhi, no forms, no eye-consciousness, no things to be cognized by eye-consciousness, there the world does not exist nor any description of the world.

" Where there is no ear,.....

S.N. 35.66

ryanlibrarian

Postby ryanlibrarian » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:45 pm

sandun Wanniarachchi wrote:HEY !

i am sandun and i am from srilanka. i am 15 years old . i am a bit busy with school work these days since i have to face the ordinary level exam next year.not much to say about my personal life because my life history is very short.

though i am a buddhist by birth i started following it very recently. i have a very recent history in meditation which is approximately 8 months. over the last few months i discovered many of meditation methods but i was'nt able to adapt them fully. but after reading "satipatthana direct path to realization by venerable Analayo and heart of buddhist meditation by ven. nyanaponika thera i came to the conclusion that sutta reference was the best and possible method to reach the buddha. i am a member of sutta central and i found some familiar names of my friends who are members of SC. i am interested in studying early buddhist texts in pali,chinese,sanskrit and tibetan. but, i always make sure that i give priority to daily mindfulness and tranquility meditation which helps me to figure things out. :)

Welcome Sandun! You seem to be wise beyond your years! I look forward to seeing more posts from you! :)

ganegaar

Postby ganegaar » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Welcome Sandun! You seem to be wise beyond your years! I look forward to seeing more posts from you!

Fully agree!..
Welcome Sandun.
Sīlepatiṭṭhāya naro sapañño, cittaṃ paññañca bhāvayaṃ;
Ātāpī nipako bhikkhu, so imaṃ vijaṭaye jaṭanti.

Yuki91

Postby Yuki91 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Welcome!

Return to “Introductions”