Chaos, Science, The Universe and Stuff

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
christopher:::

Chaos, Science, The Universe and Stuff

Post by christopher::: »

Awhile back I bumped into a young man on another forum who was having a VERY bad time. I don't remember all the details (my long term memory stinks) but he was suicidal that night. Myself and some others spent time with him for a few hours. I think we talked about Nature, Chaos, Western Civilization, the Universe, how messed up humans are. I didn't mention the Dhamma specifically but fairly sure we talked about how order and beauty does exist in our Universe, that there is chaos but also many things are well-organized, and lawful.

He seemed to get himself off the edge he was on that night. Didnt hear from him for a long time then last week he sent me a message, asked me to look at a video he put together and placed over at youtube. He had an epiphany of sorts, and with his creative talents made this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oS725dEbUFM
Last edited by christopher::: on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
Ben

Re: Science, The Universe and Stuff

Post by Ben »

That was quite brilliant!
Thanks for sharing Chris!
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
christopher:::

Re: Chaos, Science, The Universe and Stuff

Post by christopher::: »

Glad you appreciated his work, Ben.

:namaste:
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009