Eczema

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
dharmagoat

Re: Eczema

Post by dharmagoat »

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:I promise I will explain - but when Lonesome Yogurt responds.
LonesomeYoghurt's last visit was on the 10th of February, so we may be waiting a while.

I get itchy when I wait.
Christopherxx

Post by Christopherxx »

He's probably ordained ;) lol
TheNoBSBuddhist

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

Well, if the OP cannot respond for whatever reason, I will expand:

In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), there are 5 elements, or transformations, which denote specific qualities, moods, energies, emotions and the like.
The element of Metal, has, as its representative Yin and Yang organs, the Lungs and Large Intestine, respectively.
There is also an associated additional 'organ' which is affected primarily by this specific element, but is also influenced by other factors. In the case of Metal, it is the skin.

The three may seem illogically connected, until you consider that the lungs are large, and if one were to take all the capillaries, and lay them end to end, they would be very long, and cover a large area. They're also very moist and inhale, and exhale, and take in 'pure' air and give out 'impure' air.
Affiliate this, then, with the Large Intestine, and it could almost be described in the same way. And the same goes for the skin, too.

So if we smoke, it affects both the large intestine, which may go unseen and undetected; but it also affects the skin.
This is why, all too often, those who have asthma, also have eczema, and those who smoke, can be prone to dry skin.

Even if people don't smoke, secondary smoking can affect a sensitive system in the same way.

I study TCM (not to practise it, but simply because it is a most fascinating subject) and I never stop learning something new. it is profoundly logical and absolutely spot-on, in far too many cases for it to be dismissed as hokum....
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
Christopherxx

Post by Christopherxx »

Hopefully LY will see this and from all the posts both feel more at ease and see a bettering of his condition :)