Greetings from me

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
timeforlife

Greetings from me

Post by timeforlife »

Hi

I first became interested in Buddhism around 6 years ago after a psychedelic trip. Over the last 6 years I have read some books on Buddhism and always believed they offer a way of life which is based on a deep understanding of the self and the world.

I Struggled to integrate myself into Buddhism as I was a troubled individual full of pain. Over the last 2 years I have had an extremely traumatic time, I became extremely socially withdrawn. This gave me a lot of time think about my life and the world around me however I still remained dreadfully unhappy and unable to properly experience emotions. I was able to overcome this by living through the traumas again and connecting my life experiences / traumas from my childhood to present day.

I am now for the first time in my life confident, able to focus and understand the world around me.

I have always tried to develop a life philosophy based around Buddhist values, understanding suffering and compassion as opposed to Judao-Christian values. I now feel I am able to develop this further.

I have joined this forum as I would like to understand suffering and compassion.

:smile:

Best Regards

David
purple planet

Re: Greetings from me

Post by purple planet »

hello

welcome to the forum - hope you find it useful :D
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome timeforlife! :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Welcome, David.

:hello:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:meditate: