Any suggestions of how to deal with eye floaters ?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
faraway

Any suggestions of how to deal with eye floaters ?

Post by faraway »

Hi all,

I had sufferred eye floaters since childhood. As my age increasing (now I'm 30), the floaters got increased in their size and quantity, but they won't really be a problem if they are not located near the center of my sight which is very disturbing to my daily activities. My job is a software programmer where I have to stare at monitor for many hours, so I often have to see them. Unfortunately, there is no risk-free and affordable cure for the eye floaters currently. It's very depressing that I have to endure this defect or disease for entire of my life. Sometimes I envy for other people that has healthy eyes. Now I can only hope for my past good kamma ripen (if there are) which will cure my eyes someday (sounds like expecting miracle, isn't it? :tongue:)

Of course, I won't ask a cure here, but maybe anyone here can give me a consolation from Buddha Dhamma perspective how to deal with this this problem? I would greatly appreciate.

:anjali:
Spiny Norman

Re: Any suggestions of how to deal with eye floaters ?

Post by Spiny Norman »

faraway wrote: Of course, I won't ask a cure here, but maybe anyone here can give me a consolation from Buddha Dhamma perspective how to deal with this this problem? I would greatly appreciate.
I have them too but have kind of just got used to them and don't notice them much any more. It might help to reflect on the First Noble Truth.
Buddha save me from new-agers!
sattva

Re: Any suggestions of how to deal with eye floaters ?

Post by sattva »

Please both of you, don't ignore them. They can be a symptom of diabetes and can indicate the start of deterioration of the blood vessels in the eye. Make sure an eye doctor/ophthalmologist does thorough testing. Could be nothing. Could be something. Better to be sure than sorry. Good luck!
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622