no turning back

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Babadhari

no turning back

Post by Babadhari »

hello all,

i've been meditating on and off for 6 years now and am happy have finally reached the point where i feel no other option other than establishing a firm practice.

:thanks:
Last edited by Babadhari on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
mikenz66

Re: no turning back

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome Kitz,

Great to have you here!

:hello:

:anjali:
Mike
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Kitz!

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome Kitz :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Welcome kitz!

Glad you're staying away from that stuff, using it only increases delusion!

Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Sanjay PS

Post by Sanjay PS »

Hello Kitz ,

Nice to have you on board , and thats great courage and wisdom to leave all the intoxicants behind . Once i used to think of them as a part of life , then realizing that life by itself is so intoxicating , i left them behind . Now many years later , i find its just not life that can be intoxicating , it is the closed eyes that can also be intoxicating , the peace , rapture , tranquility , stillness and sense of well - being are also dangerous and should be laid down , guided on by the alertness of annica ( change ).

Its the equipoise that is of great use , pleasant or unpleasant are just the same , they keep following each other and can fool us very badly :smile:

Once again , looking forward to the many learnings .

sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome! I hope you find help and encouragement here.
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Welcome. :anjali:

Good for you, leaving that crap forever. :smile:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:meditate:
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Sanjay PS wrote:Hello Kitz ,

Nice to have you on board , and thats great courage and wisdom to leave all the intoxicants behind . Once i used to think of them as a part of life , then realizing that life by itself is so intoxicating , i left them behind . Now many years later , i find its just not life that can be intoxicating , it is the closed eyes that can also be intoxicating , the peace , rapture , tranquility , stillness and sense of well - being are also dangerous and should be laid down , guided on by the alertness of annica ( change ).

Its the equipoise that is of great use , pleasant or unpleasant are just the same , they keep following each other and can fool us very badly :smile:

Once again , looking forward to the many learnings .

sanjay
Very good posting Sanjay Ps
one suffer because one hasnt existed long : )
suttametta

Post by suttametta »

Yup. Pot is a tricky demoness. You think you are relaxed, but you are super tense. So tense, if you keep it up you might get a permanent knot. Bliss from jhana is the best most highest super bliss. Everyone should be doin it.
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

i view the cause of my troubles to be my mind not the weed. 5 months on i cant say i miss it thankfully. i was told that by observing the 5 precepts my life would improve, and im glad to say that it has.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

binocular

Post by binocular »

kitztack wrote:unfortunately this self imposed isolation brought up strong feelings of paranoia and anxiety and mistrust
Those feelings could also be due to the intoxicants you were taking.
Cannabis is often consumed for its psychoactive and physiological effects, which can include heightened mood or euphoria, relaxation,[10] and increase in appetite.[11] Unwanted side-effects can sometimes include a decrease in short-term memory, dry mouth, impaired motor skills, reddening of the eyes,[10] and feelings of paranoia or anxiety.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

quite so Binocular

the cannabis had an integral part in multiplying those emotions and not allowing them to subside.

i was trapped inside a bubble of delusion, i really had no genuine reason to be worried about anything.

my just mind ran amok with imaginary ideas due to judging people . it was a lesson i had to learn, it made me experience the negative consequences of my drug use , im just sorry i worried my family and friends by my selfishness.

suttametta

Post by suttametta »

Now that pot is mainstream and popular, I'm certain it's stupid. The herd is always wrong. Plus the pot now is mutated. The pot I had in college was mellow and I could meditate comfortably. Now it's all like crack. I had to search out one coop that had an old variety. It's such a burden to have some precise exotic material need. My wife is becoming addicted to Taiwanese high mountain teas. The prices on these get sky high. Needs have no limit. Letting go can be a hard pill to swallow, but it's worth it. Life with the Earth as the only decoration is an adjustment, but also I think very fruitful.