Thanks for everything Ben!

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
SamKR

Re: Thanks for everything Ben!

Post by SamKR »

Thank you, Ben! And best wishes.
:anjali:
Anagarika

Post by Anagarika »

Thank you, Ben, for your service here and best wishes for your new employment. You have always been a thoughtful moderator, able to convey in a few wise words what would take most of us a 100 words to get out.
LG2V

Post by LG2V »

Thank you Ben for all of the help that you've provided, and best wishes on your new opportunity!!!

:namaste:
LG2V
Here are some excellent sites for giving free Dana (Click-Based Donation):
http://freerice.comhttp://greatergood.com/www.ripple.orgwww.thenonprofits.com
kmath

Post by kmath »

Thank you Ben for your insightful comments.

Hickersonia

Post by Hickersonia »

Yes, thank you Ben. May this new job opportunity be a condition for your realization of the Serene State, friend!

And thank you, too, Retro, as it would be very unfortunate to have a power vacuum at Dhamma Wheel.

Please be well, friends! :anjali:
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks everyone.
I got home a little while ago which ends the first of my ten day stints in an incredibly beautiful and remote parts of Tasmania working and living with a small group of people. I have been able to spend a little more time on my practice but I am also splitting my free time by studying the local human history, geology, fauna and flora as well as getting to know the locale by foot and kayak.
fortunately, or unfortunately, when I away I am without internet, cell phone and television reception. Hence my decision to step down from my role as administrator and moderator.
The new job is intense and usually a lot of fun. As one of our guests said today, I wear "a lot of different hats", but then, all of us do.
I hope you and your loved ones are well and happy.
With metta,

Ben
image.jpg
image.jpg (114.53 KiB) Viewed 6581 times
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

You are a good man Ben..every good wish for the future.

Peter.
dagon

Post by dagon »

Ben wrote:Thanks everyone.
I got home a little while ago which ends the first of my ten day stints in an incredibly beautiful and remote parts of Tasmania working and living with a small group of people. I have been able to spend a little more time on my practice but I am also splitting my free time by studying the local human history, geology, fauna and flora as well as getting to know the locale by foot and kayak.
fortunately, or unfortunately, when I away I am without internet, cell phone and television reception. Hence my decision to step down from my role as administrator and moderator.
The new job is intense and usually a lot of fun. As one of our guests said today, I wear "a lot of different hats", but then, all of us do.
I hope you and your loved ones are well and happy.
With metta,

Ben
image.jpg
Ben

Thank you for every thing that you did for everyone here, and what you did for me in particular. You taught many of us by walking the walk rather than just talking the talk.

All the best for the future.

metta
dagon
Buckwheat

Post by Buckwheat »

Thanks, Ben! Looks like a pretty awesome gig.
Sotthī hontu nirantaraṃ - May you forever be well.
Ron-The-Elder

Post by Ron-The-Elder »

Thanks for your very professional and kind assistance over the years, Ben. Hope some day to visit Tasmania as well, perhaps in another life-time. :candle: :candle:

_/\_Ron
What Makes an Elder? :
A head of gray hairs doesn't mean one's an elder. Advanced in years, one's called an old fool.
But one in whom there is truth, restraint, rectitude, gentleness,self-control, he's called an elder, his impurities disgorged, enlightened.
-Dhammpada, 19, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.