Thanks for everything Ben!

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
retrofuturist

Thanks for everything Ben!

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings all,

After approximately 3 years as a global moderator, and then 2 years as an administrator here at Dhamma Wheel, Ben will be stepping down from these roles to pursue an excellent job opportunity that has come his way.

I would like to publicly thank Ben for his dedicated service to Dhamma Wheel and wish him all the best for the future!

Thanks Ben ~ you're a fine kalyana-mitta... thanks for everything!

:namaste:

In Ben's absence, I will be returning to the administrator role.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Sanjay PS

Re: Thanks for everything Ben!

Post by Sanjay PS »

Wishing you the very best Ben . May we all keep walking on the path with inspiration found in every little drop of life .

sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Thanks for all you've done here, Ben, and congratulations and best wishes for the new job.

:namaste:
Kim
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Thank you for everything you've done for this community, as a whole, and for each member, individualy. That includes your good advice to me, both public and private, through PM. I wish you all the happiness and peace possible. I'm happy that you have now an opportunity to practice more intensively. We'll be expecting, at least, ocasional posts. :smile:

Welcome back to the role, retro. This is like replacing a diamond with another diamond of equal value, but different shape. Thank you for offering to do this service, and the best of luck. :smile:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
SDC

Post by SDC »

Congrats on the new job, Ben! Thanks for all you've done here at DW. I hope to still see you around.

Good luck, retro!
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Sabbadana Dhammadana Jinati!

Hi Ben
You have accumulate lot of good Kamma by donating your time as a global moderator.
I wish you all the best for you and your family.
Please keep in touch.
:group: :clap:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Thanks for all you've done here, Ben, and congratulations and best wishes for the new job.
Ditto... :twothumbsup:
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

I am very glad for your good fortune, Ben, and am very appreciative of both the hard work you've done on the forum and the helpful advice I've received from you in public and private. May all go well with your endevours.

As for you, Retro: no matter your official status, I've always seen you as one of this forums guiding lights. So, I guess I'll just congratulate you on your fancy colour change! :tongue:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Thanks again, Ben!!!
plwk

Post by plwk »

Huhuhu...sob sob...who will share nom nom with me now???
Ron-The-Elder

Post by Ron-The-Elder »

Good luck in your new life, Ben. Ditto to what the others have said. Thank you for all of your service on the boards.

_/\_Ron
What Makes an Elder? :
A head of gray hairs doesn't mean one's an elder. Advanced in years, one's called an old fool.
But one in whom there is truth, restraint, rectitude, gentleness,self-control, he's called an elder, his impurities disgorged, enlightened.
-Dhammpada, 19, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.
Weakfocus

Post by Weakfocus »

retrofuturist wrote:After approximately 3 years as a global moderator, and then 2 years as an administrator here at Dhamma Wheel, Ben will be stepping down from these roles to pursue an excellent job opportunity that has come his way.
Congratulations to Benji on new job, and I hope he can still find time to post here every once in a while. Hopefully he is not abandoning the community.

He might not realize this, but Benji played a very important part in me registering here at Dhammawheel. It were some of his posts that convinced me Dhamma Wheel community was different than others (aka some people actually practice meditation here, instead of debating theory Ad nauseum, Ad infinitium). He has always come across as a very mature student of Goenkaji, someone who speaks from personal experience that can only be gained by having walked the path. A person I would like to emulate.

Gratitude for your service to this community. :namaste:
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Congratulations Ben. Thanks for all your help over the years.
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Ben was an asset to DW and an inspiration to many of us. Thank you again Ben and best of luck!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Lots of good wishes for the future, Ben.

:anjali: