Just looking for help...

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
AmyLoo2

Just looking for help...

Post by AmyLoo2 »

I don't know if this is inappropriate, and I apologize if anyone finds my post offensive as I am just looking for some help.

My name is Amy! I am currently taking an Intro to World Religions class in college. For my class, I am required to write a final paper about two world religions. The two religions I have chosen are Buddhism and Christianity. For this paper I am to compare two specific aspects of the two religions and also conduct an interview from a person from each religion. I am asking anyone who happens to read this for their help. I need someone to interview for the Buddhist portion of my paper. For information purposes I will post both the thesis of my paper, and what is required by my professor for the interview below.

My thesis statement: In this paper the use of symbols and ideas of the afterlife are compared and contrasted in the religious context of both Buddhism and Christianity.

The interview requirements: The interview (in person, phone, or email) of an active member of each of the two religions documenting their personal involvement/understanding of each of the two characteristics and whether their personal beliefs correspond to formal religious doctrine must be documented and included in your final paper.

-I would also like to mention that I understand that in Buddhism there is no "afterlife" but I am just using the term loosely to describe heaven/hell in Christianity and reincarnation in Buddhism.

I would like to extend my thanks in advance for anyone who even reads this, and even more thanks to anyone willing to help. I can provide my email address to anyone willing to help me.

Amy
Ben

Re: Just looking for help...

Post by Ben »

I'm willing to help.
Feel free to send me a personal message and well get the ball rolling.
Kind regards,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Hickersonia

Re: Just looking for help...

Post by Hickersonia »

If you need (or want) multiple perspectives, I'm game too.

Please be well, friend! :anjali:
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."