Greeting from America!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Dr. Dukkha

Greeting from America!

Post by Dr. Dukkha »

New to Buddhism. About 5 weeks new.
I've got a Theravada monastery that I go to about twenty minutes away. So that's pretty convenient.

I don't really have much to say about myself since I have some trouble identifying who I really am. Much fluctuation exists in my choices and personality.
Not really sure what to do with my life and what direction it's heading in.
I guess I can't really have a direction until I set one.
But the love of my life lives with her ex-fiancé and has two kids with him.
Neither of us have the money to get an apartment.
Besides, it's probably better if I remain living with my parents because I'm broke and I have college dues from dropping out and the rent is cheap.
But I don't really care about money. In fact, I don't really care about much of anything.
I'm just a paper bag being dragged by the wind.
With all the nihilism, I'm considering doing some research on Mahayana because they have some nihilistic schools that interest me.
But I'm not sure if the Mahayana are right in pondering the subject, because the Buddha told us not to.
But he also said that we can question him and argue with his principles, so I guess you can really do whatever you want within reason. But I'm not a scholar, so disregard my foolishness if you wish.

I joined Buddhism, not only because it makes sense, both ethically and spiritually, but because I'm hoping it will end up with me having a more positive attitude.
You see, I'm bipolar. And I recently lost a job because I threatened to kill myself because of something my boss said to me. So yeah I'm pretty much a mess and I'm hoping that Buddhism will benefit me in many ways.

Yeah, so I write poetry.
I'm a man of little words most of the time unless I'm in a really small group of people; introvert, they call 'em.
But when I write poetry, I usually have plenty to say.
Follow me on Tumblr @ [email protected]!
You don't have to have a Tumblr account to view my poetry, just click on the link.
I would appreciate some follows, though, if you do have an account.

Thanks, guys. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.
"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting."
retrofuturist

Re: Greeting from America!

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel and good luck on your journey.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

Greetings, Mr. Dukkha! Hope you stick with Buddhism and find a happy home here on DW.

Here's a poetry thread for your pleasure: http://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16065
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome to DhammaWheel! Hope you find support and fellowship here. :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum. :anjali:

Kevin