Ending life's journey

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
beingnobody

Ending life's journey

Post by beingnobody »

Hello Dhamma Wheel!

I've known about you as a community for a long time, but for some reason haven't gotten around to posting until now. That's how the Dhamma has been for me... I'm always putting it off, eschewing what I know deep down is truly important, so that I can spend one more day or year pushing my career, my ambitions, my art, or whatever other distractions Mara dangles in front of me.

Two years ago, I hit my head hard while longboarding, and it resulted in a cascade of defeats, struggles, and self-destructiveness in my life. I have toiled over whether the injury's effects have left me unable to achieve spiritual peace. These self-doubts, when I approach them calmly with insight, seem to go away rather quickly when I realize that our mind is, in fact, constantly in flux: dulled by substances, ignited by insights, weathered by age... to imagine my mind like a broken mirror is erroneous. The mind is more like a mud figure, never quite reified, getting wetter and drier, moulding into different forms.

Now I find my life much more settled. I have entered one of those periods of my life, like I have before, where something deep inside of me begins to still, and I subtly emerge onto this plane of consciousness where I'm aware of how insane samsara's psychology really is. All of this striving towards self-realization is, in fact, a distraction from reality. Like a beautiful-sounding creature, deep in the forest, something calls to me...

And thus I'm here greeting you. I hope that I am here to stay.

-beingnobody
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Ending life's journey

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome to DhammaWheel, beingnobody! :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Sanjay PS

Post by Sanjay PS »

Being nobody is being in tune with life .

Nice to know you. Thank you.

sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

:candle:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Welcome. :anjali:

Virgo
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
beingnobody

Post by beingnobody »

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! It feels good to know where to turn for support in my practice.

Metta,
beingnobody