Monastic life and Thai Forest Tradition.

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Valujira

Monastic life and Thai Forest Tradition.

Post by Valujira »

Morning everyone & nice to meet you.

I joined to this forum because a good friend recommended me to join here, for in this forum there is a vast support in the Theravada & as well it may help me in questions and assistance in monastic life.

I chose to be a monk, for the rest of my life, as a Buddhist - to bestow my whole life, to learn the Buddha's teachings and way of inner peace. But not in a monastery, but rather in the Thai Forest Tradition - why Theravada? Simply because I like the way of practicing, unlike Mahayana and Vajrayana, which have many rituals and maybe even gods and deities + texts in Sanskrit and Tibetan etc of Avalokiteshvara and Padmasambhava Guru Rinpoche and so on - like forcing Buddhism to be what it's not and add some form of God or something to help them with daily life - as a I like to say - if Buddha didn't say it, it's not Buddhism :)

Why Thai Forest Tradition? - Well, since I remember myself I always searched the nature inside me and outside, sitting in the garden, in night watch the sky and think about life, and connect to the true nature of mankind and seek your happiness inside - peace comes from within, do not seek it without.

I chose to be a monk in Thailand for the rest of my life and I am happy with that choice, and no, I didn't think about it yesterday because someone pissed me off, we shall never decide decisions in an awake of a feelings or thoughts,, I thought about it over an year, now I am starting to really investigate in this.

I would like to ask maybe some questions:

1. Can you be a monk for the rest of your life? I guess yes :)
2. How is it possible to achieve a certification from the Thai government to stay at their land for the rest of my life as a monk? Because they are Buddhists they maybe have something for people who wish to be a monk and isn't from Thai origin.

That's all, if you have something to say you're invited to do so :console:

With Metta

:anjali:
All beings, be happy! :hug:
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Monastic life and Thai Forest Tradition.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

1.) Yes...although unable to know with certainty what the next five minutes hold, let alone the next five days, let alone the next anything...stating something will be 'for life' is unequivocally setting one's self up for disappointment, because nothing ever turns out the way we think it will...except dying...

2.) It's (basically) not...special circumstances the exception...

Good luck...
Valujira

Post by Valujira »

Thanks for the answer.

I am not searching Western-English thing, I want Thai place (where there are Thais), better in Thai than English.

Thanks
All beings, be happy! :hug: