banga - cessation feeling ?

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
purple planet

banga - cessation feeling ?

Post by purple planet »

Im trying to read about this word in pali but im not sure i got the name right -

something like banga ? its suppose to be a feeling of cessation ?
Sanjay PS

Re: banga - cessation feeling ?

Post by Sanjay PS »

purple planet wrote:Im trying to read about this word in pali but im not sure i got the name right -

something like banga ? its suppose to be a feeling of cessation ?
To my knowledge Banga Nana is the dissolving of the mind and body , which we may encounter during sittings ( at times i have felt a few teachers having a state of Banga while walking ) . Its intensity and duration will vary from time to time.

There is a photograph of the great teacher Sayagi U Ba Kin ( that can be found in the video footage of Pilgrimage to the Sacred Land ) , the banga is so pronounced , deep and unattached .

sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

thanks
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Sanjay PS

Post by Sanjay PS »

Thank you Sir.

sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka