Hi

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hi

Postby AgeOfEden » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:15 am

I don't meditate much today, but I know I should. As a teenager meditation completely transformed my life from one of drinking, drugs, fear, and judgements to one of happiness and that it was ok to be alone. I even heard a voice in a deep meditation as a teenager..I wanted to look around and learn a bit more and hopefully get back into it! Also have a strong interest in the afterlife and reincarnation.
AgeOfEden

Re: Hi

Postby bodom » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:15 am

Welcome!

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby Ben » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:17 am

Greetings and welcome to Dhamma Wheel.
If there is anything we can do to assist you to return to practice, please let us know.
with metta,

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:41 am

Greetings and welcome.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:53 am

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:meditate:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby cooran » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:08 am

Welcome! :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Return to Introductions