Authoritarianism And Buddhism

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Jhana4

Re: Authoritarianism And Buddhism

Post by Jhana4 »

Chowah,

I didn't dislike your posts. I just didn't agree with them or they inspired me to comment. I am concerned that you got the impression that I disliked to your posts. Can you point to anything that gave you that mistaken impression?
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
chownah

Post by chownah »

Jhana4 wrote:
chownah wrote:Question authority.
I wasn't even thinking of anything that extreme. It would be nice to talk about dhamma things without people telling you to "shut up" either covertly or onvertly.........or people self censoring out of internalized fear of certain discussions.
This is your post which gave me the impression that you did not like my first post.
chownah
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

When I wrote
It would be nice to talk about dhamma things without people telling you to "shut up" either covertly or onvertly.........or people self censoring out of internalized fear of certain discussions.
I was referring to this board in general, not a particular person.
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
chownah

Post by chownah »

Jhana4 wrote:
It would be nice to talk about dhamma things without people telling you to "shut up" either covertly or onvertly.........or people self censoring out of internalized fear of certain discussions.
So, if this was not meant as a reply to me (even though it was posted as a reply to me) then is this a pretty good statement of why you started this topic?...the thing you would like to discuss?
chownah