help

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
no mike

Re: help

Post by no mike »

santa100 wrote: You might want to check out "In the Buddha's Words" by Bhikkhu Bodhi. It's basically a guide map to the Nikayas. He spent the entire last chapter, The Planes of Realization, to talk about the stages of enlightenment. An excellent excellent book..
~ Thank you ~

:namaste:
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

no mike wrote:Anyways, I have been meaning to look up these classifications (Sotapanna, etc.), as well as the stages of enlightenment. Perhaps the language of Theravada will help me see a map, "you are here."
It's best to start from "where you are" and with time and effort put into earnest practice observing the state(s) you're in you eventually come to realize that actually "you are not here". :lol:

best wishes, acinteyyo
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
no mike

Post by no mike »

acinteyyo wrote:
no mike wrote:Anyways, I have been meaning to look up these classifications (Sotapanna, etc.), as well as the stages of enlightenment. Perhaps the language of Theravada will help me see a map, "you are here."
It's best to start from "where you are" and with time and effort put into earnest practice observing the state(s) you're in you eventually come to realize that actually "you are not here". :lol:

best wishes, acinteyyo
Funny, I've had proof-of-residency issues this summer without a mailing address. You're right, I'm not here :D
no mike

Post by no mike »

mal4mac wrote:The following seems to make sense, but I'd have to be enlightened to be sure!
Thank you for the links :)