Hello and nice to meet you :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hello and nice to meet you :)

Postby Kris » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:33 am

Hi, my name is kris and i joined this website waning to find and be able to talk to other Buddhists whom are studying and practicing the various teachings within Buddhism :)
Ive been researching and looking into Buddhism for a while now, having read Afew books such as various books which share extracts of the Pali canon and it's teachings, gone on websites and practiced Buddhist teachings and meditations. I wanted to find Buddhists ( as there seems to be a lack of any Buddhists groups or temples in my area) who knew more than I did and where willing to share their viwes and knowledge with me to help to improve my own understanding of Buddhism and the texts In it :)
So thanks for looking at my introduction, and please excuse any spelling mistakes or other mistakes I made in it :), I hope we can chat sometime, bye :)
Kris :)
Kris

Re: Hello and nice to meet you :)

Postby tiltbillings » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:53 am

Welcome.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson
tiltbillings

Postby dagon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 am

Kris wrote:Hi, my name is kris and i joined this website waning to find and be able to talk to other Buddhists whom are studying and practicing the various teachings within Buddhism :)
Ive been researching and looking into Buddhism for a while now, having read Afew books such as various books which share extracts of the Pali canon and it's teachings, gone on websites and practiced Buddhist teachings and meditations. I wanted to find Buddhists ( as there seems to be a lack of any Buddhists groups or temples in my area) who knew more than I did and where willing to share their viwes and knowledge with me to help to improve my own understanding of Buddhism and the texts In it :)
So thanks for looking at my introduction, and please excuse any spelling mistakes or other mistakes I made in it :), I hope we can chat sometime, bye :)

Welcome Kris

If you say were you are from i am sure that some here will try and help you find Buddhist groups and Temples in your area.

Metta
paul
dagon

Postby Ben » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:05 am

Greetings Kris and welcome!
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:43 am

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:meditate:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby cooran » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:35 am

Welcome Kris! :group:
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Return to Introductions