frustration and leaving of home

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.

frustration and leaving of home

Postby mario92 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:05 am

Hi my name is mario, im from mexico i have a great problem that is that my parents isnt helping me to practice bhuddhism and they dont want to take me to a monastery so im very depressed because i cant see the buddhist comunity, in anger and frustrated with strongs feelings of leaving my home because since the last 3 years they did me a lot of harm, and i lost all my practice and happiness i have gained through meditation and doing things that made them happy, like making friends or doing :quote: valuable things of a lay men, and now im getting back and back in practice because of taking some drugs they want me to take because they tought i was crazy and because of no having a master yet. i think it is very late, and thinking if it would be a good idea to leave them or is it would be harmful for me even if have an special illness like hunger every time?

Please help me, im confused it would be good if you guide me

thank you
mario92

Re: frustration and leaving of home

Postby mario92 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:16 am

PD: it would be good if i can ordain as a samanera but where and how according to my conditions and in san diego, is the place i will go tomorrow.
mario92

Re: frustration and leaving of home

Postby reflection » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:39 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problems.

It can be difficult for your parents to relate to you when you are practicing a path such as Buddhism - with that I also have experience. But that's not really something you can do all that much about. However, what you can do is try to maintain the peace, don't go into arguments and not get angry. Discussing things peacefully and with understanding of their position will help much more.

If you definitely leave your home in a disorganized state, your parents confused and angry, I think one day or the other this may get to you and be an even bigger hindrance to your practice.

That aside, why can't you go on a visit on your own? Why do your patents have to take you? You don't have to go for a long time, just visiting for a few days or so.

:anjali:
reflection

Return to Ordination and Monastic Life