public apology

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
perkele

public apology

Post by perkele »

Thank you, BlackBird...

Not good to describe on personal level.

Nothing personal.

I have done wrong. I hope others will recognize in their perspective and acknowledge.
I would be glad.

No need to invite argument about it.

Too many interactions here. Nothing personal.
Cannot really see, feeding on too much... senseless pride on my side.

Maybe BlackBird's post can be deleted, having served its purposes.
Thanks, BlackBird!
Last edited by perkele on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackBird

Re: public apology

Post by BlackBird »

Look man, unless i've missed something you haven't "stabbed" anyone. It might be better if you feel you have wronged Bhante Pesala to private message him and do your apologies and forgiveness asking there rather than making it a public affair, which some might take exception to.

If your actions were such that they affected the whole community then a public apology might be warrented, but I suspect that is far from the case. Perkele, you've got a really good heart, and your lifestyle from what little I know is geared towards Dhamma, don't forget that.

metta
Jack
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It rains hard on what is covered up, not on what is open. So if anyone thinks they have said something wrong then it's good to admit it. If something was said in public that should not have been said, then it's more noble to apologise in public too for the benefit of anyone who may have read those comments.

I have to admit to not understanding your comments, perkele, so I tend to disregard them, though I got the gist that I was being inconsiderate. We are all a bit crazy at times — that's why we need to meditate and cool down the passions.

I am not one to hide my feelings for fear of causing offence, and am often misunderstood because of brevity (and sometimes for levity — humour often fails to translate across cultures).

If I meet a troll, or someone who I think might be trolling, then I say so. If their intention was good, they will be able to give their reasons for posting the message that they did.. If they were just trolling or venting or pursuing some personal agenda, their true motivations will soon be exposed.

I don't much like private messages — as I don't have time to get involved in long exchanges.

I am busy transferring my website from NetObjects Fusion to WebPlus, and updating many of the books and PDF files in the process.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
perkele

Post by perkele »

Thank you very much, Bhante Pesala!

It is good for me to learn in this way.

I have tried in some crooked way to achieve good by doing wrong. I have very crooked ideas.
And sometimes it seems I just want to push them out in crazy ways and see what happens.
It seems for me somehow sometimes a way of learning, although I must see again and again, that it is not at all in line with Dhamma. I hope it will not happen again.

It is me, of course, who acted in inconsiderate ways... I know. I really know.

I am very ashamed of my own doing.

Thank you for acting very considerately, although I have been so shameless.

Because having received helpful admonishment I feel very much relief and my perceptions can become more sane. :embarassed:

Thank you very much really for helping me out, and being so patient. :anjali:
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Maybe you're right Bhante it's not really for me to say one way or another, but I simply offer my opinion. It just strikes me as prudent that if you feel you've wronged somebody to talk to them about it, not to everyone, for in doing so we tend to attract those who are interested in gossip and frivolities, and that IMO can lead down an unskillful path. But I am just theorizing. As for PM's there's nothing innate about their nature that requires one to respond to any dialogue, or to get bogged down in "long exchanges" - The only difference between a private message and a public is who is entitled to view it

I think it's perfectly fine for us to have differing opinions on this subject however, that is the nature of this world after all and I don't mean to suggest that I am right and that you are wrong.

Perkele If you want this thread deleted then my suggestion is to pm the moderators and ask for them to remove it, if however you only want my post removed (or indeed this one also) then just say the word and I will happily remove it :)

metta to you both
Jack
Last edited by BlackBird on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:It rains hard on what is covered up, not on what is open. So if anyone thinks they have said something wrong then it's good to admit it. If something was said in public that should not have been said, then it's more noble to apologise in public too for the benefit of anyone who may have read those comments.
:anjali:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
perkele

Post by perkele »

@Jack: Thank you. No. Everything is fine to be open now.

As Bhante Pesala said and retro helpfully affirmed:
retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:It rains hard on what is covered up, not on what is open. So if anyone thinks they have said something wrong then it's good to admit it. If something was said in public that should not have been said, then it's more noble to apologise in public too for the benefit of anyone who may have read those comments.
:anjali:

Metta,
Retro. :)
This is really true.
Sometimes a wound needs to lie open to get some fresh air, so to speak.

Thank you, friends. I'm really glad about so much help. :)