Buddhist Monks offer Shelter to Burmese Muslims

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
cooran

Buddhist Monks offer Shelter to Burmese Muslims

Post by cooran »

Hello all,

Good to see.

Buddhists Monks offer shelter to persecuted Burma Muslims
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-575 ... a-muslims/

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Kim OHara

Re: Buddhist Monks offer Shelter to Burmese Muslims

Post by Kim OHara »

Avaaz now has a campaign to stop "the next Rwanda" genocide in Burma - https://secure.avaaz.org/en/we_said_never_again_en/

:namaste:
Kim
Sekha

Post by Sekha »

Burmese Buddhists need to get together and spread the message loud and clear that they don't have any animosity against Muslims and prove it by actions. I hope this is a move that will gain a large following.
Where knowledge ends, religion begins. - B. Disraeli

http://www.buddha-vacana.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Sekha wrote:Burmese Buddhists need to get together and spread the message loud and clear that they don't have any animosity against Muslims and prove it by actions. I hope this is a move that will gain a large following.
We all as Buddhists need to get together and spread the message loud and clear that we don't have any animosity against Muslims and prove it by actions.

The Mahabodhi temple was targeted by Muslim extermists allied to Al Qaeda today, and that'll only be the beginning of it. Do we really want to see all our holy sites destroyed by inter-religious violence between two groups of extremists who have hijacked the rights to decide what a 'Muslim' or a 'Buddhist' is?

I want the world to know that U Wirathu isn't a Buddhist, he is so far divorced from the Buddha's teachings. If he want to pursue this path of war he must disrobe. Do not drag the Dhamma into this. He is an evil man, using the robe to his own ends, in good time he will suffer the consequences of his bad kamma, but for now while he's still alive he should not be allowed to damage the Sasana like this.
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks