Hello there

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
PadmaPhala

Re: Hello there

Post by PadmaPhala »

Kali' is the only state æ* will stay from the usa. *same pronunciation as I
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

pilgrim wrote: I wonder if the demographics on DW correlates to the world population of English speaking Buddhists, adjusting for internet access?
But do they speak the Queens English? :tongue:

PS Welcome Bunks!
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Well it's quite possible you've whizzed passed me on the V-Line, while I've stood there like a sucker on the freezing platform, waiting for the Metro train to pull in.

:lol:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Do you have any regular meditation group you sit with in the western suburbs retrofuturist?
Stop thinking and start living!
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

Spiny Norman wrote:
pilgrim wrote: I wonder if the demographics on DW correlates to the world population of English speaking Buddhists, adjusting for internet access?
But do they speak the Queens English? :tongue:

PS Welcome Bunks!
Does anybody speak the Queens English!!!
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Bunks wrote:Do you have any regular meditation group you sit with in the western suburbs retrofuturist?
No, there's not much in the way of Theravada organisations (or any Buddhist institutions for that matter) anywhere near Werribee - are you aware of anything on the Geelong side of Lara?

If I meditate, I meditate solo... but to be honest, the closest I get to formal meditation nowadays is Bikram Yoga - and there is one of those in Werribee!

Otherwise, it's just a matter of watching the qualitative nature of the body, mind and thoughts, satipatthana-style... right effort, noble eightfold path etc.

:meditate:

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,
Bunks wrote:Do you have any regular meditation group you sit with in the western suburbs retrofuturist?
No, there's not much in the way of Theravada organisations (or any Buddhist institutions for that matter) anywhere near Werribee - are you aware of anything on the Geelong side of Lara?

If I meditate, I meditate solo... but to be honest, the closest I get to formal meditation nowadays is Bikram Yoga - and there is one of those in Werribee!

Otherwise, it's just a matter of watching the qualitative nature of the body, mind and thoughts, satipatthana-style... right effort, noble eightfold path etc.

:meditate:

Metta,
No - nothing in the Theravada tradition - there is a Tibetan monastery south of Geelong but that's about it...