Virapannyo

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
BlackBird

Re: Virapannyo

Post by BlackBird »

They only appear to, it's just part of the hallucinations my friend. You must seek help. These voices are not real monks, they are just paranoid delusions.

It's really important that you go and seek more help. I cannot emphasise that enough.

metta
Jack
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
dhammatestimony

Post by dhammatestimony »

BlackBird wrote:They only appear to, it's just part of the hallucinations my friend. You must seek help. These voices are not real monks, they are just paranoid delusions.

It's really important that you go and seek more help. I cannot emphasise that enough.

metta
Jack
I knew this would happen that people would just call me insane hence I didn't speak of the reason why I wanted to know. Anyway if anyone knows about Virapannyo, please post it here since I wasn't able to find anything about him on the internet.
Ben

Post by Ben »

dhammatestimony wrote:The reason why I ask this is because ever since I left the monastery from Thailand, I'm being contacted by 4 monks in my mind who are saying that I'm Virapannyo and need to perform certain procedures on me to determine whether I'm Virapannyo or not. They've kept me tied up for 4 months now, they are not at all leaving me alone. For the past 4 months they have performed all kinds of strange procedures on me(details of which are too vast to disclose) and are not at all letting me go. The names of the monks they are using are Luang Por Liem, Ajahn Kevali, Ajahn Siripannyo and Ajahn Jayasaro, I don't know whether the real monks are involved or not, however Tan Ajahn Jayasaro seems the most real since I've heard many of his Dhamma talks.
I'm almost being kept hostage they are not at all leaving me alone, I don't know what to do. They have different sorts of mind control techniques. They are telling me that they are almost like asuras and are not at all letting me go. Tan Ajahn Jayasaro told me to play Paritta chanting and it did not help me at all, so that incase they are some kind of evil spirit, it might go away.
They want to expose this Virapannyo character at any cost, that's why they are keeping me hostage. Even the message that I'm writing now might me due to something that they might have introduced in my mind.I don't know what to do I'm completely helpless.
From our Terms of Service:

4. Members who are suffering from mental illnesses.

Dhamma Wheel is for the exploration and discussion of the Dhamma. While the aim of the Dhamma is to provide a path to the end of suffering, members of Dhamma Wheel are not qualified to deal with acute episodes of mental illness of another, as expressed on a discussion forum. The Administrators and Moderators of Dhamma Wheel request your compliance with regards to the following guidelines which is designed for the benefit of all:

-- Members who are suffering a serious mental illness should seek diagnosis and treatment from a qualified medical professional within their community. Members who are suffering from an acute phase of a mental illness, including intention to self harm and/or suicidal should seek immediate assistance. http://www.befrienders.org/index.asp
-- Members who are experiencing an acute phase of mental illness or suicidal ideation welcome to seek referral to medical and crisis services from administrators and moderators.
-- Members are asked not to use Dhamma Wheel as a platform to express intentions of self harm or suicide, the experience of voices or other hallucinations or other artefacts of acute mental illness.
-- When encountering a member suffering an acute episode of a mental illness, we should treat that member with compassion and refer that member to medical/emergency services within that person's community and to Dhamma Wheel staff.

kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..