Virapannyo

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
dhammatestimony

Virapannyo

Post by dhammatestimony »

When I was in Thailand, I listened to a Dhamma reflection by Tan Ajahn Jayasaro in which he mentioned of a monk called Virapannyo. I want to know more about this monk. If anyone has more information on this monk, then please provide it here.
upekha

Re: Virapannyo

Post by upekha »

I have a book called "Venerable Father, A life with Ajahn Chah written by Paul Breiter". At one time he was a monk under Ajahn Chah but his name was Ven. Varapanyo. I wonder if this is the same monk.

with metta
dhammatestimony

The reason why I ask this is because ever since I left the monastery from Thailand, I'm being contacted by 4 monks in my mind who are saying that I'm Virapannyo and need to perform certain procedures on me to determine whether I'm Virapannyo or not. They've kept me tied up for 4 months now, they are not at all leaving me alone. For the past 4 months they have performed all kinds of strange procedures on me(details of which are too vast to disclose) and are not at all letting me go. The names of the monks they are using are Luang Por Liem, Ajahn Kevali, Ajahn Siripannyo and Ajahn Jayasaro, I don't know whether the real monks are involved or not, however Tan Ajahn Jayasaro seems the most real since I've heard many of his Dhamma talks.
I'm almost being kept hostage they are not at all leaving me alone, I don't know what to do. They have different sorts of mind control techniques. They are telling me that they are almost like asuras and are not at all letting me go. Tan Ajahn Jayasaro told me to play Paritta chanting and it did not help me at all, so that incase they are some kind of evil spirit, it might go away.
They want to expose this Virapannyo character at any cost, that's why they are keeping me hostage. Even the message that I'm writing now might me due to something that they might have introduced in my mind.I don't know what to do I'm completely helpless.
Viscid

Post by Viscid »

See a doctor.
"What holds attention determines action." - William James
LG2V

Post by LG2V »

dhammatestimony,

It seems more like you're experiencing forms of psychosis. Try avoiding wheat/gluten and dairy, as well as any drugs and alcohol, for a while and take some B-Vitamins. That may alleviate your problems somewhat. Studies have shown gluten/dairy intolerance to be a significant element in cases of schizophrenia. Cannabis use and B-Vitamin deficiency have been shown to be significant factors as well.

i don't believe that Ajahn Jayasaro, or any of the others, for that matter, are inside of your head. I'm certain that they aren't concerned with you at all, to be quite honest.
Viscid wrote:See a doctor.
:goodpost:

Metta,
LG2V
Here are some excellent sites for giving free Dana (Click-Based Donation):
http://freerice.comhttp://greatergood.com/www.ripple.orgwww.thenonprofits.com
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Hi Dhammatestimony, not trying to offend you, but it honestly seems like you have some form of schizophrenia. Don't worry, you're in good company, there are plenty of the fine men who have schizophrenia. John Nash for example.

It's really important that you see a doctor about this, as you are clearly experiencing hallucinations. They can prescribe you some very good medication these days that work wonders and still allow you to function completely normally.

Please seek help my friend :)

metta
Jack
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Yes, please see a pstchiatrist. You're noit well, at all!
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

It may not be schizophrenia. Let's not jump to conclusions. But it seems like psychosis, so see a doctor as soon as you can.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Yes, well you might be right, I'm just trying to remove any stigma there might be towards mental illness by pointing out someone who suffered from it who has achieved great things. Another good example is Stephen Fry who is a manic depressive.

Having suffered from depression and anxiety myself I know it's a topic many people are not comfortable discussing, but we need to do so, we must be comfortable addressing these things and not treating those who suffer from it any differently for it.

While he may not be suffering from schizophrenia, paranoid hallucinations such as those that our friend has mentioned above are often caused by it, so it's not exactly a wild guess, but perhaps you're right and I shouldn't go diagnosing people on the internet like that.
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

BlackBird wrote:Yes, well you might be right, I'm just trying to remove any stigma there might be towards mental illness by pointing out someone who suffered from it who has achieved great things. Another good example is Stephen Fry who is a manic depressive.

Having suffered from depression and anxiety myself I know it's a topic many people are not comfortable discussing, but we need to do so, we must be comfortable addressing these things and not treating those who suffer from it any differently for it.

While he may not be suffering from schizophrenia, paranoid hallucinations such as those that our friend has mentioned above are often caused by it, so it's not exactly a wild guess, but perhaps you're right and I shouldn't go diagnosing people on the internet like that.
Yes, it was not a wild guess. The diagnosis schizophrenia is not straightforward at all. I was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia for almost 6 years, until the diagnosis was corrected to Asperger's syndrome with susceptibility to psychotic sympthoms. The thing is that what's going on in the brain is neurologicaly very different. The doctors who misdiagnosed me where experient trained psychiatrists and psychologists and they missed the correct diagnosis.

All this makes our main point: the poster should consult with a psychiatrist.
dhammatestimony

Modus.Ponens wrote:
BlackBird wrote:Yes, well you might be right, I'm just trying to remove any stigma there might be towards mental illness by pointing out someone who suffered from it who has achieved great things. Another good example is Stephen Fry who is a manic depressive.

Yes, it was not a wild guess. The diagnosis schizophrenia is not straightforward at all. I was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia for almost 6 years, until the diagnosis was corrected to Asperger's syndrome with susceptibility to psychotic sympthoms. The thing is that what's going on in the brain is neurologicaly very different. The doctors who misdiagnosed me where experient trained psychiatrists and psychologists and they missed the correct diagnosis.

I've already seen a psychiatrist, they said I have Paranoid Schizophrenia. The medication did not work.
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

dhammatestimony wrote:
Modus.Ponens wrote:

I've already seen a psychiatrist, they said I have Paranoid Schizophrenia. The medication did not work.
Please go see another doctor, make note to them that the medication they gave you didn't work, some medications do not work for certain people. There will certainly be something out there that does work for you, please don't give up hope. It's completely possible that with the right treatment you will be able to live a totally normal live without any interference from these voices. They will go away if you get the right treatment.

We're here for you man.

metta
Jack
Last edited by BlackBird on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alobha

Post by Alobha »

dhammatestimony wrote: I've already seen a psychiatrist, they said I have Paranoid Schizophrenia. The medication did not work.
See a doctor again to talk about a change in medication, you may either need a different medicine or a different dosage, but this should be discussed with a doctor.
Take care and be well :anjali:
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

dhammatestimony wrote: I've already seen a psychiatrist, they said I have Paranoid Schizophrenia. The medication did not work.
Some medications don't work for certain people. You'll need to try another one.
dhammatestimony

Alobha wrote:
See a doctor again to talk about a change in medication, you may either need a different medicine or a different dosage, but this should be discussed with a doctor.
Take care and be well :anjali:
I've already seen the doctor many times, seen multiple doctors and changed the medication many times. If it was schizophrenia, then how are these beings able to clean my mind by removing my mental defilements?