Hello there

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Bunks

Hello there

Post by Bunks »

Hi everyone

My name is Luke and I live in a small town just outside Melbourne in Australia.....look forward to chatting with you all about the dhamma of the Theravada!
Stop thinking and start living!
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello there

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:meditate:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome Luke! :group:

I'm an Aussie too.

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

cooran wrote:Welcome Luke! :group:

I'm an Aussie too.

With metta,
Chris
Where do you live Chris?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Greetings from across Bass Strait!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
cooran

Post by cooran »

Brisbane - I'm a banana-bender! :smile:

With metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome Luke!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

Ben wrote:Greetings from across Bass Strait!
Ahhhh....Tassie! Beautiful part of the world.....I've been watching The Gourmet Farmer. Great show. Shows off the beauty of your state.
PadmaPhala

Post by PadmaPhala »

Aussie! the first web forum i was part of, was full of aussies. very nice ppl btw.
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

Hello there. Welcome.
DW has a large representation of Aussie Buddhists. I wonder if the demographics on DW correlates to the world population of English speaking Buddhists, adjusting for internet access?
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings from Werribee.

:hello:

(Pilgrim ~ another possibility could be that many Buddhist temples here are quasi cultural centres catering to ethnic communities*, so those who are interested in Buddhism for other reasons find more aligned fellowship online... )

* - the obvious exception being Ajahn Brahm's monestary out in Western Australia but that's so far away for those in the so-called "eastern states" that it may as well be in New Zealand

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings from Werribee.

:hello:

(Pilgrim ~ another possibility could be that many Buddhist temples here are quasi cultural centres catering to ethnic communities*, so those who are interested in Buddhism for other reasons find more aligned fellowship online... )

* - the obvious exception being Ajahn Brahm's monestary out in Western Australia but that's so far away for those in the so-called "eastern states" that it may as well be in New Zealand

Metta,
Werribee! Wow....go through there on the train every day on my way to work. I live in Lara.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Well it's quite possible you've whizzed passed me on the V-Line, while I've stood there like a sucker on the freezing platform, waiting for the Metro train to pull in.

:lol:

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Bunks

Post by Bunks »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Well it's quite possible you've whizzed passed me on the V-Line, while I've stood there like a sucker on the freezing platform, waiting for the Metro train to pull in.

:lol:

Metta,
:tongue:
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

Welcome Luke, I'm from Sydney, but live in California, miss my homeland, fortunately i've got free long distance to Aus to keep in touch with family etc. Hope you get something meaningful from participating here. I know I have enjoyed it since I rejoined recently, Cheers
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/