V-bulletin

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Kumara

Re: V-bulletin

Post by Kumara »

Is it ready yet?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Kumara wrote:Is it ready yet?
No.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Helyron

Post by Helyron »

Strange. I'm in a few other forums with phpBB and everything works perfect.

I'm not that fan of vBulletin cause I'm a free software enthusiast and I also do not like the GUI of Bulletin.

But however, if you think that you cannot get this bugs fixed ... I'm most happy with phpBB.
Start free-thinking, start living.
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Hi Helyron,

The problem is not with V-bulletin itself, but the process of moving the database from one system to another without messing up something. We did have it up and running at one point, but the passwords did not transfer properly, which was a bit of a show-stopper...

:anjali:
Mike
Helyron

Post by Helyron »

I've just written that I like phpBB most. :smile:
Or on which part did you answer? I cannot see a connection.
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Sorry, misunderstood what you were saying. But anyway, the delay is about getting the transfer to work properly.

Mike
Helyron

Post by Helyron »

I also have to admit that the bugs you've got here I have never seen in the other boards I use. There phpBB runs smoothy. :smile:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

The transition to V-bulletin was resulting in some of the database not successfully transferring so we have had to stay with the phpbb for now. The glitches with phpbb started when we did an upgrade to a newer version of phpbb; perhaps something we shouldn't have done in hindsight. News update:

View your posts -- now working
View new posts -- now working

View active topics -- temporarily down at the moment
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
David N. Snyder wrote:The glitches with phpbb started when we did an upgrade to a newer version of phpbb; perhaps something we shouldn't have done in hindsight.
Or more specifically, taking a back-up prior to upgrades would be useful, so it's easier to "roll back" to the previous version if required.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Kumara

Post by Kumara »

David N. Snyder wrote:The transition to V-bulletin was resulting in some of the database not successfully transferring so we have had to stay with the phpbb for now. The glitches with phpbb started when we did an upgrade to a newer version of phpbb; perhaps something we shouldn't have done in hindsight.
I'm quite pleased with it though. Just got my first ever mail notification from Dhammawheel!
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

David N. Snyder wrote:The transition to V-bulletin was resulting in some of the database not successfully transferring so we have had to stay with the phpbb for now. The glitches with phpbb started when we did an upgrade to a newer version of phpbb; perhaps something we shouldn't have done in hindsight. News update:

View your posts -- now working
View new posts -- now working

View active topics -- temporarily down at the moment
It's really fantastic to have these features back again. They were sorely missed.

Thank you David, and the whole team for all your hard work. No doubt you are accumulating a lot of merit :)

metta
Jack
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Thanks Jack (though the technical stuff is nothing to do with me).

By the way, that's a lovely new set of feathers you've got...

Mike
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Cheers Mike, just got the winter plumage in.
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

I should mention if any of you are not receiving email notifications it might be because of one or more of the following:

1. The email you used when registering you are no longer using. An admin can change your email on your profile if you cannot do that.
2. You have not hit the 'subscribe' button found at the bottom of the page for a sub-forum you want to get notifications.