Writing/editing opportunity for making merit

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
LonesomeYogurt

Writing/editing opportunity for making merit

Post by LonesomeYogurt »

Hello all.

The venerable Buddharakkhita Bhikkhu, a Ugandan monk, is currently in the end stages of producing a book on Buddhism and the environment. He is not a native English speaker and thus his writings, while very wise, are in need of editing. I have been working with him this last couple months to put it together, and it is almost complete. However, I am headed to a monastery next week and will be without access to a computer. The book may be done, but I want to make sure that, if he adds more material or needs any changes made, there is someone who is able to help with the project while I am gone. It would mostly be formatting a word document and maybe editing or proofreading. Please let me know if you're interested. A background in editing or word processing would be helpful. The Ugandan Buddhist Centre is a great organization and it would be a tremendous act of merit to help Bhante Buddharakkhita put this together.

Here's a short video of the Venerable speaking about the Dhammapada. He is truly a wise teacher!

Thanks,

Jonah
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,