What music are you listening to right now?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
danieLion

Re: What music are you listening to right now?

Post by danieLion »

I've been listening to myself work on my cover versions of The Alan Parson's Project's "Eye In Sky," The Smashing Pumpkins, "Disarm" and U2's "One" (I've been a singer/songwriter/performer/studio artist for a while and do have a CD out under a pseudonym which came out in '06. I only distribute them for free. If you'd like a copy, PM and we'll see what we can do. The label I was on went out of business but there might be some online samples and I think there's still a video of the first track on Youtube but I'm not here to peddle my wares. Like I said, if you want more info. I'd be glad to freely share. Just PM me. But please, don't publicize it here. I do not create music for money. It's nice when that's the result, but I'm an artist before I'm an economist. :spy: )

Rigth now I'm trying to figure out the best way to just record video of myslelf from my laptop to upload to Youtube but I'm the furthest thing from a geek you'll find. So, if you've any advice, I'd be much obliged.
SDC

Post by SDC »

“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
convivium

Post by convivium »

i only like music with balls. this could include everything from hendrix, crust punk, doom and black metal to minimalism, drone, and a lot of symphonic music; also some hip hop and rap, and electronic music (iff it has balls i.e. real emotional power).
(Vx) (Mx.Lx > Bx).
q.e.d. :geek:
Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

convivium wrote:i only like music with balls
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
convivium

Post by convivium »

HAHAHA i'd post an image of a nutsack to clarify, but i'll spare you.
Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

daverupa wrote:
convivium wrote:i only like music with balls

I lol'd. No, really. :clap:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Absolute classic. Thanks Dave.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Moonshine - Bruno Mars

convivium

Post by convivium »

convivium

Post by convivium »

convivium

Post by convivium »

feeling generous lately
convivium

Post by convivium »

Last edited by convivium on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
convivium

Post by convivium »

convivium

Post by convivium »

imagemarie

Post by imagemarie »

This is a strange affair
The time has come to travel but the road is filled with fear
This is a strange affair
My youth has all been wasted and I'm bent and grey with years
And all my companions are taken away
And who will provide for me against my dying day
I took my own provision, but it fooled me and wasted away

Oh where are my companions?
My mother, father, lover, friend, and enemy
Where are my companions?
They're prisoners of death now, and taken far from me
And where are the dreams I dreamed in the days of my youth
They took me to illusion when they promised me the truth
And what do sleepers need to make them listen,
Why do they need more proof?
This is a strange, this is a strange affair

Won't you give me an answer?
Why is your heart so hard towards the one who loves you best?
When the man with the answer
Has wakened you, and warned you, and called you to the test
Wake up from your sleep that builds like clouds upon your eyes
And win back the life you had that's now a dream of lies
Turn your back on yourself and if you follow,
You'll win the lover's prize
This is a strange, this is a strange affair